Ingredients (serves approx 6);
Bag of carrots
Large white onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chilli powder
Knorr vegetable stock pot
2 pints boiling water
Tin of coconut milk
Chilli flakes to garnish
You will also need a large pan with a lid and a hand blender or food processor.
- Dice your onion, peel & roughly chop the carrots
- Put a large deep saucepan on the hob on a low heat and add the olive oil
- Throw the carrots & onions into the pan, season with salt & pepper, put the lid on and leave to sweat for 10 minutes
- Stir the Knorr stock pot into 2 pints of boiling and add to the pan, add the tsp of chilli powder then replace the lid and cook for 20 minutes until the veg is soft
- Add the coconut milk and stir well. Cook through for a few minutes.
- Blitz the soup with a hand blender until smooth
- Finally taste a sample of the soup – if it’s a little sweet add a touch more chilli powder and black pepper. If the soup is thicker than you would like add a small amount of boiling water to thin it down.
Serve with some chilli flakes sprinkled on top & enjoy!