The time has come for onesies, box sets & comforting healthy food. I love soup as it’s so easy to make and can be frozen – perfect for lazy dinners or packed lunches. I put this recipe together last week as I’ve been asked a few times recently for suggestions for a dairy-free diet so this recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan…and absolutely delicious!!
Ingredients (serves 5);
2 medium sized sweet potatoes
1 large white onion
1 tin coconut milk
750ml vegetable stock
Salt & pepper
2 tbsp olive oil/coconut oil
- Peel & cube the parsnips & sweet potatoes, throw into a bowl & mix with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Pour the cube veg onto a lined baking tray, making sure they’re spread out equally in a single layer. Cook on 180 for 30 minutes.
- Fry the onion in a tsp coconut oil until soft then add the 750ml vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut oil and bring to the boil again.
- Once the cubed veg is cooked, carefully tip them into the pan with the onions & stock.
- Remove from the heat & blitz using a hand blender or a food processor.
- Add boiling water or almond milk if the soup is thicker than you would like.
Serve & enjoy!